Application Requirements for Incoming Freshmen
Step 1: Get Admitted to RSU
- Submit your Application for Admission
- Submit the following documentation to the Office of Admissions:
- official High School Transcript or GED certificate
- ACT/SAT scores (optional)
- official transcript from every college attended (if applicable)
- AP/CLEP scores (if applicable) See what credits are awarded
Step 2: Determine Aid
- Finalize admission and submit FAFSA early to receive priority consideration for RSU Scholarships.
- Submit a completed Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) to determine if you qualify for grants, work study status or student loans.
- RSU’s school code is 003168.
- Before receiving financial aid, you must submit an official high school transcript to RSU.
Step 3: Housing
If you’re interested in living on the RSU Claremore campus, submit the RSU Housing Application. Early application is encouraged.
Step 4: Placement Testing
Participation in basic skills assessment and/or developmental coursework is required for placement purposes if a first-time freshman has below a 19 as a sub-score on the ACT in English, math, reading or science, or a score below 510 on the SAT in English, math or reading. Note: The SAT does not test science, so a placement test may be required.
Students will work with their academic advisor to determine what placement testing, if any, is needed in advance of enrollment. You may also contact the Office of Admissions with questions regarding placement testing. Schedule a placement test with the RSU Testing Center
Step 5: Enroll in Classes
- Enroll in classes early to ensure you get the classes you need.