Leadership | Service | Community
Rogers State University’s President’s Leadership Class (PLC) is a four-year scholarship program designed to develop leadership skills and enhance academic experience.
PLC provides an environment for a select number of exceptional RSU students to foster their personal and professional development. PLC members represent a diverse group of RSU’s most ambitious and promising students, who work closely with student groups and university administration to enhance services to students and the community.
- annual scholarship of $10,000 ($6,500 toward tuition and fees, $3,500 toward on-campus housing and meal plan)
- maximum of four-year scholarship with continued eligibility
- may retain financial aid packages for costs not covered by the PLC scholarship
Program Eligibility & Application Process
Please Note: The PLC scholarship application is integrated into the RSU Admission Application.
If you applied to RSU for fall 2024 before the PLC application was integrated with the RSU Admission application and now wish to apply to PLC, please contact the Office of Admissions at [email protected] and they can help you through the process.
Selection for the President’s Leadership Class is competitive. Approximately ten students are selected for each fall cohort. The program is open to incoming students who meet the following qualifications and admissions requirements:
- minimum High School GPA of 3.0
- minimum ACT Composite of 21
- must attend an on-campus interview during the spring semester
- new fall semester admits only
- must be admitted to the University
- must apply for the scholarship before February 1
Program Expectations for Scholarship Awardees
- enroll in a one-hour leadership seminar each academic semester
- attend all official meetings, special projects, and program gatherings
- volunteer for campus service projects, be active members of student organizations, and be on-call for campus events
- attend selected RSU Alumni programs and RSU Foundation events
- attend selected high schools with recruiters
- live in on-campus student housing during his/her freshman and sophomore years
- complete a minimum of 30 semester credits per academic year
- maintain a cumulative GPA of 3.00
Cade R. Russell, ’22, B.A. in Political Science
University of Tulsa College of Law- Juris Doctorate Candidate ’25
“Rogers State’s President’s Leadership Class allowed me to grow in every area of my life. PLC introduced me to a plethora of leadership styles and methods. I was able to work with individuals in the community I would have never had the chance to work with. We were challenged to never let the grass grow under our feet and to keep moving forward. I learned something from every single member of PLC, whether it be interpersonal skills, communication methods, or a new perspective on a task at hand. PLC fostered lifelong connections and friendships that are truly invaluable to me and made me the person I am today.”